Student TECH CORPS® delivers tech support training and certification to middle and high school students, and then harnesses their knowledge to power a Student-Run Help Desk to provide valuable technical support in their school buildings or communities. This program may be run during the school day as a part of the regular curriculum, during study hall or as an out-of-school time activity.
Middle School, 6th – 8th and High School, 9th – 12th
30+ hours of online training, plus help-desk activities
In-class or out of school time program
Content delivered by Technology Teacher or team of TECH CORPS volunteers
Student TECH CORPS delivers core information technology training to students through a structured, educator developed and tested program that provides:
- Basic Technology Training: 30 hours of online training in hardware repair, operating systems, software applications, networking, computer peripherals, and professionalism/customer relations.
- Testing and Certification: Online, performance-based testing of student knowledge, with 80% mastery required for basic-level certification.
- Student-Run Help Desk: All procedures, training, and call tracking capabilities needed to successfully implement a student-run help desk to support and complement existing technology infrastructure.
- Student Social Network (digital citizenship) and Blogs (reflective writing)
- Student TECH CORPS Kit with student supplies
- Evaluations and Assessments
- Training and ongoing support